You have been thinking and dreaming about it for a while. Now you have finally bought your land and you are ready to build your dream home. Here are some things you should do first:
- Consider the time frame: If you are paying workers to do every step of the house building, remember that building a house takes time. Get an estimate of how long building will take and expect it to take longer.
- Seek out the right people: Get plenty of referrals for each job. There is nothing worse than paying for a job badly done, or finding out that the guy you hired to do the framing does not communicate with you on a timely basis.
- Hire a designer: Designers are not the same as builders. Designers can save you a lot of time in the decision-making process, and know how to cut costs while still making your house just perfect for you and your family's needs. You can save yourself a lot of time and stress researching by hiring a good designer.
- Plan your cabinet and furniture layout: Put your future storage and furniture into your design. Otherwise, you might plan out your kitchen or bedroom and then realize that your bed or table don't really fit, or wish you had set the wall back that much further.
- Consult with an attorney: Have your attorney write up a building contract if you are working with any contractors or workers. If something goes wrong or someone doesn't show up to do the work, the law will be on your side.
- Make a budget: After you have chosen your team of people to work with you it's time to put all the numbers together and see how much it will cost you to build your dream home. Is it feasible to build your home, financially speaking, without draining your finances?
Building your custom home can be a lot of fun and a lot of work. The more preparation you put into it beforehand, the better the results. Enjoy the process, expect the unexpected, and enjoy your future home for years to come. If you're looking for reliable Michigan builders to custom build your home or need water damage restoration, contact the team ICON Restoration today!